PancreatitisA whole group of diseases associated with inflammation of the pancreas. The disease can appear suddenly - one of its manifestations is pain syndrome.
To relieve pain and prevent recurrence,Proper diet is important. . .
Pancreatitis is divided into chronic and acute, depending on the nature of the disease, you need to choose the right food.
In acute or chronic pancreatitis, pancreatitis is diagnosed due to:
- Eating disorder.
- Eat fatty/spicy foods daily.
- Chronic alcoholism.
- Diseases of the biliary tract, including cholecystitis, gallstone disease.
- Stomach ulcers.
With exacerbation of pancreatitisSurgical intervention (pancreatic mucosal opening) is required in case of minor effects from drug therapy, fasting, removal of food debris from the stomach.
Chronic pancreatitisaggravated under the influence of overeating, alcoholism, prolonged use of glucocorticoid hormones, estrogens, narcotic drugs, against a background of liver disease (for which a special diet must be followed) andgallbladder, which is quite common in adults. With an increase in intra-abdominal pressure in women towards the end of pregnancy, pancreatitis can develop.
Diet for acute pancreatitis in 10 days
Purpose of nutritional therapy for acute pancreatitis-remove swelling, inflammation and infection from the pancreatic duct.
To accomplish this, in the hospital, drug therapy with enzyme preparations, antispasmodics plus complete fasting for several days is used to avoid the use of surgery.
Fasting is necessary to suspend the production of gastric juice, pancreatic juice, reduce enzyme activity due to lack of food in the esophagus. During this time, the restoration of the gland will take place.
They stop hungry in 2-3-4 days, try to eat in one day:
- dry bread or loaf (non-stick) - 50 g / day;
- jelly, fruit drinks (it is better to cook them from cranberries or blackcurrants);
- continue to drink at least 2. 5 liters of fluids, including grape or cranberry juice with mineral water (2: 1) without carbonate, as well as various decoctions (e. g. rose hip).
If symptoms of acute pancreatitis do not occur, add to the diet for 3-5 days:
- salty rice or oat broth;
- liquid mashed potatoes without oil;
- semi-liquid jelly or jelly from juice;
- liquid cereals: oatmeal, semolina, buckwheat, rice (everything is prepared in water or milk, everything needs to be ground or chopped in a blender);
- crunchy biscuits;
- dry bread.
For 6-8 days you can eat:
- steam omelette made from protein
- Soufflé from fresh, fat-free cheese;
- steamed meat (necessarily chopped or ground through a blender/meat grinder)
- greasy cereal soup;
- jelly or mousse of apples, crushed fruit without skin;
- puree vegetables (potatoes, zucchini, pumpkin, carrots are fine, you can add a little oil)
- vegetable pudding (steamed);
You can add from liquid - green or black tea (weak), add sugar or honey - 1 teaspoon each, or tea with milk, beet juice, 50 ml / day with mineral water.
Calorie content is increased to 1000 calories per day, up to 50 g - protein, up to 250 g - carbohydrates, up to 10 g / day - fat. In the evening, you need to drink a glass of water with honey, raisins (1 teaspoon), prunes (2-3 pcs) or yogurt to eliminate constipation.
From the 10th day after the attack, you can increase your calorie intake by more than 1000 cal/day, up to 300 grams. - carbohydrates, up to 60 gr. - protein, up to 20 g / day - fat. They continued to eat mashed unsalted food.
Here is a menu for a few days, a similar diet you can build yourself based on the list of allowed products.
|Day||Eat||Approximate diet menu for pancreatitis|
|1 day||Breakfast||Bang flour or rice porridge (water) - 150 gr. , Fruit: orange or apple. Can make green tea (not strong) with honey (1 teaspoon)|
|Late breakfast||Pumpkin puree - 50 gr. , Steamed chicken breast or fish cutlet. Rosehip drink (recipe below), honey - 1 tsp.|
|Dinner||Vegetable broth with fish or beef 200 gr. , Mashed potatoes or broccoli - 100 gr. , crouton white bread. For dessert, you can bake apples with honey in the oven without removing the skin.|
|Afternoon snack||Tea with honey and some cheese (1% fat)|
|Dinner||Steamed protein includes 3 eggs, white bread. Puree from allowed vegetables - 150 gr. ,|
|Before bedtime||Boiled water - 1 cup with honey - 1 tsp. or curd.|
|Day 2||Breakfast||Oatmeal porridge with milk - 150 gr. Kissel or green tea (not strong)|
|Late breakfast||Grated apple with soft curd|
|Dinner||Pumpkin or cauliflower puree soup. Minced chicken meatballs|
|Afternoon snack||Green tea with 1-2 slices of dry sugar-free biscuits|
|Dinner||Rice pudding - 150 gr. Tea or jelly|
|Before bedtime||Rosehip broth - 1 cup 1|
|Day 3||Breakfast||Liquid rice porridge - 150 g. Green tea is not thick with dry biscuits|
|Late breakfast||1 baked apple|
|Dinner||Soup cooked from carrots, cauliflower, potatoes with meatballs. Crushed dried fruit|
|Afternoon snack||Cheese stick - 100 g, green tea|
|Dinner||Boiled or grilled low-fat fish|
|Before bedtime||Milk tea or kefir|
Can be usedafter an acute attack of pancreatitisdiet number 5pand observe it throughout the year. They eat pureed, salt-free food, the protein can be increased - up to 100 grams, up to 40 grams. - fat, up to 450 gr. - carbohydrates. Be sure to follow the recommendations and regimen prescribed by your doctor!
Rosehip drink recipe:
For the broth, you will need 0. 5 kg of dried rose hips and 4 liters of water. Wash rose hips, add water, decoction to drink water for 4 days. You do not need to cook the infusion, rosehip should be infused with room temperature water. This drink contains vitamin C.Attention!Because the drink has a sour taste, consult your doctor before taking.
For soup, 0. 5 kg of fish (recommended fillet, cod, basa, perch), 1. 5 liters of water or vegetable broth, 50 ml. milk, 1 tsp. butter.
Cut the fish, pour water or broth into the pot, cook until tender. Remove the fish from the pan, chop finely with a blender. Heat some milk in a pan and add butter, as soon as butter melts add broth, bring to a boil but do not boil. Add fish, cook over low heat for just a few minutes. Salt can only be added if allowed by your doctor!
Prohibitfor acute pancreatitis, use:
- eating greasy or fried foods;
- Eating any fatty or gassy foods such as legumes, bran, cabbage, radishes, rutabagas, skins/skins of fruits and vegetables, unripe fruits, berries or vegetables;
- carbonated drinks with fermentation reaction: kvass, kefir.
Diet for chronic pancreatitis
Episodes of chronic pancreatitis can occur soon after lunch, the menu includes: hard eggs, cakes, raw fruits, vegetables, juices, cold chocolate, chocolate, milk or ice cream. The frequent companion of the disease will have symptoms from time to time: bloating, feeling of fullness or worse, a tumor "stuck in the lower chest", periodic vomiting.
Against the background of chronic pancreatitis, diabetes mellitus can easily develop and progress, which is also a serious disease, for which you must adhere to a strict diet.
A diet for chronic pancreatitis may include:
- bread made from flour (you can dry the bread yourself);
- vegetable soups (pumpkin, potato, zucchini or carrot are best for soups);
- cereal soup (with semolina, oatmeal, buckwheat or rice);
- meat - beef or veal, chicken, rabbit. Better to steam, bake or boil.
- Steamed omelette from eggs (2-3 pcs).
- low-fat fish: halibut, pollock, cod, perch, perch, perch, perch or tilapia;
- curd (unsalted): can be eaten fresh or made as a pudding;
- cheese - choose low-fat, unsalted varieties;
- in dishes or in the cooking process, you can use butter or sunflower oil -10-15 gr.
- sour cream, kefir (low-fat only);
- porridge - rice, pearl barley, oatmeal, buckwheat, noodles (their consistency should be liquid or semi-liquid);
- puree / stew vegetables (don't forget can't add cabbage and tomatoes), vegetables can also be simply boiled or grilled;
- mousses / jelly from juice, preparations of dried fruits (apricots, pears, apples)
- fruit (only grilled or grated without the peel)
- canned baby food and purees or diet food;
- multivitamin and mineral preparations.
Menu of the day
|Eat||Approximate diet menu for pancreatitis|
|Breakfast||Steamed meat (chicken or beef). Rosehip tea or decoction|
|Lunch||Oatmeal with milk. Broth or rose water|
|Dinner||Carrot and pumpkin puree soup. Steamed fish. Tea|
|Afternoon snack||1 bottle of baby food|
|Dinner||Green zucchini stewed with carrots. A piece of boiled chicken. Dried fruit compote|
|At night||A glass of kefir|
You can not eat foods that stimulate the pancreas to secrete:
- fatty meats, fish and poultry, omit smoked meat and fish, sausages, canned goods;
- meat, mushrooms, fish broth (as well as soups and sauces on them);
- cabbage soup, borscht, as well as cold soups (such as cold soup or okroshka);
- milk soup;
- fish, meat in fried, smoked, salted or canned foods;
- high-fat dairy products;
- eggs - you can not eat fried or hard-boiled eggs;
- which are beans, white cabbage, eggplant, radish, radish, radish, onion, garlic, sorrel, spinach, mushroom, sweet pepper;
- bakery products, fresh, sweet bread, flour, chocolate, other sweets;
- black coffee, cocoa, carbonated drinks.
For pancreatitis with endocrine dysfunctionexcluding jam, sugar and honey, as they have no medicinal effect, while they refer to carbohydrates.
With an asymptomatic episode or with mild symptoms, the list of prohibited foods/products is tapered down to a product category that should only be limited, not excluded.
For the soup you will need: 1 yellow or green bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, 1 small zucchini. All vegetables must be washed, cut into cubes. Pour vegetables into a pot with water (1-1. 5 liters), cook until tender. Drain and puree with a blender.
To prepare the dish you need: fish (400 g), 100 ml of water or milk, a spoon of flour, 2 eggs (separate the white from the yolk), a piece of butter (20 g). Boil the fish in water, blanch it in a meat grinder or mince it.
Mix the milk and flour (heat the dough in a pan until slightly golden) and you will get a slightly thickened milky "sauce". Now we start mixing: fish, egg yolks, milk sauce, butter (if your doctor allows it, you can salt it).
Beat the whites separately until a thick foam is formed. While stirring, add them to the fish mass.
Preheat oven to 180-200 degrees. Place the fish cubes in a baking dish or baking tray, place in the oven and bake until tender.
Apple marshmallows (dessert):
To make marshmallows, you need to take 1 kg of apples, peel them, cut them, pour water into the pot and cook. Boil the apples, remove from the heat, drain, and let cool slightly. Rub the apples through a sieve or chop in a blender.
Decant all the juice from the obtained puree, squeeze the puree. Pour the juices separately into a small saucepan and cook until thickened (almost like syrup). Pour sugar (100 g) into boiled water, boil a little more. Mix the juice with a blender.
Put the resulting mass on a baking sheet, put in the oven (120 degrees), dry the pastille until it thickens completely.
Sample menu for pancreatitis for a week: dietary options and nutrition rules
Along with regular drug use, a nutritious diet is also indicated for pancreatitis. Only a comprehensive measure that allows you to reduce the load and swelling from the pancreas, helps to stop inflammation and restore damaged tissues.
During the acute phase of the disease, the diet is very restrictive, possibly without food for the first few days. After eliminating the acute symptoms of the disease, the patient's menu is gradually expanded. Let's take a look at what a weekly diet should look like for someone with pancreatic pain.
Features of dietary adherence for different forms of pancreatitis
In acute inflammation, the diet is very strict. On the first day of the attack of the disease, the patient appeared hungry. Depending on the severity of the disease, the occurrence of complications, the fast can last from one to three to four days. Such a measure is necessary to:
- Suspend production of gastric juice, pancreas.
- Decreased performance of digestive enzymes.
- Prevents the development or reduces the severity of infectious processes.
With inflammation of the gland, swelling, constriction of the organ and its ducts can be observed. For this reason, digestive enzymes cannot pass from the pancreas into the intestine, they are activated in the gland and begin to digest its walls.
The death of damaged organ tissues, undigested food debris causes a complication of the disease with various infections. That is why it is necessary to reduce the production and activity of pancreatic enzymes, which are mainly achieved through fasting.
The first 2-5 days of acute pancreatitis, use only the indicated liquid - up to 2. 5 liters. After going on a hunger strike with OP, the diet was gradually expanded according to diet chart No. 5 P(I).
At the same time, the calorie content of food for the first ten days of the diet should not exceed 800 Kcal. Starting from day 10, with an active therapeutic move, the calorie content of food can be increased to 1000 Kcal.
In the chronic form of the disease, the patient's menu is much broader. It includes cereals, most vegetables and berries, meat and fish (fat-free, medium-fat), yogurt, unsweetened cookies, jellies, marmalades, marshmallows and even somekind of sweets.
At the same time, to prevent recurrence of pancreatitis, the following nutritional rules should be observed:
- Eat only fresh, natural foods.
- Significantly limit the amount of sweet, fatty and especially sour.
- Meals should be divided: 5-6 times a day in small portions.
- It is desirable that the food be chopped, minced for better assimilation.
- Allowed cooking methods: cooking, baking, steaming, stewing.
- Do not use hot and cold foods - only warm foods and foods.
- Do not eat fruits and sweets on an empty stomach.
- It is not recommended to eat fresh bread (better monday fresh or crackers), cakes baked with cream.
- Not recommended to use seasoning (salt can be used in small amounts).
- Alcohol, snacks (chips, crackers, tortillas, etc. ) are strictly prohibited.
Eating a healthy diet and staying hydrated can help prolong remission and maintain pancreatic health. In this case, diet food is the most effective medicine.
Sample menu for exacerbation of inflammatory process
Drinking medicinal mineral water should be from four to five times a day, 200 ml. , while the drink is slightly warm (up to 27 degrees). If the water is carbonated, it should be poured into the glass half an hour or an hour before drinking so that all the gas escapes from the liquid.
On the third day, the drink can be changed with a weak rosehip broth. Drinking will help maintain water balance, supplement essential trace elements for the body, and eliminate toxins.
Escape from hunger strike
Menus for patients with pancreatitis when on hunger strike (2, 3, 4 days) can include the following products:
- dry white bread (no more than 50 grams per day);
- jelly or black currant fruit drink;
- At the same time, it is necessary to drink up to 2. 5 liters of liquid per day (mineral water, jelly, fruit juice, rosehip decoction).
On the third or fifth day, the diet can be supplemented with:
- decoction of rice or oatmeal;
- mashed potatoes (liquid, without butter and milk);
- jelly from blueberries, black currants, strawberries, blueberries;
- porridge ground in water from buckwheat, rice, oatmeal.
During the next two days, you are allowed to start trying:
- steamed omelette from protein;
- steam or boil chopped chicken, rabbit or turkey with a blender;
- cereal soup cooked in vegetable broth or water;
- vegetable puree (pumpkin, carrot, zucchini);
- not black or green tea, prunes, yogurt.
Starting from the 10th day, if the treatment is successful, reducing the symptoms of the disease, the menu can be varied with unsalted butter, jelly, baked apple, low-fat boiled fish or steamed fish, soup. Sugar is allowed to start in very small quantities. However, it is better to use alternative products.
The diet for people with acute pancreatitis is very strict, so the menu absolutely excludes the following foods: fried, smoked, greasy foods, mushrooms, canned foods, sausages, sausages, meatsmoked, egg yolks, fresh bread and pastries, spices, sauces, cream, alcohol, soda, radish, onion, garlic, radish, spinach, peas, beans, asparagus, sorrel.
Nutrition after complete relief of attack
The menu of patients with acute pancreatitis for a week should only include foods that are permissible and safe for the digestive tract.
The first day:
- Early meal: 2 protein steamed scrambled eggs, oatmeal, rosehip broth.
- Late meal: berry jelly.
- Lunch: rice soup, toast, steamed chicken balls with squash puree.
- Afternoon snack: grated cheese, light tea.
- Dinner: Fish soufflé with stewed vegetables, grape sauce.
- Late evening: toast with yogurt.
- Early meal: curd pudding, tea with toast.
- Late meal: strawberry soup, rosehip broth.
- Lunch: noodle soup in vegetable broth, crackers, boiled turkey, berry mousse.
- Afternoon snack: baked apple, mixed rice paper.
- Evening: Vermicelli, steamed fish cakes, green tea.
- Late evening: crackers, tea.
- Early meal: vegetable pudding.
- Late meal: rice porridge, a slice of chicken.
- Lunch time: buckwheat soup, toast, steamed rabbit, jelly.
- Afternoon snack: pumpkin porridge.
- Evening: Oatmeal porridge, a piece of chicken, black tea.
- Late evening: biscuits with kefir.
- Early meal: rice porridge, grape juice.
- Late meal: steamed omelette, chamomile broth.
- Lunch: cream soup with boiled meat, toast, a piece of boiled rabbit, tea.
- Afternoon snack: baked apple with cheese, MSG.
- Dinner: Oatmeal porridge, raspberry soup, rosehip broth.
- Late dinner: crackers and yogurt.
- Early meal: oat porridge, scrambled eggs, black tea.
- Late meal: pumpkin puree, strawberry puree.
- Lunch: buckwheat soup, toast, steamed fish cakes, tea.
- Afternoon snack: cheese casserole, rosehip broth.
- Evening: carrot puree with chicken soup, grated apple peeled and cored, monosodium glutamate.
- Late evening: a cookie with tea.
- Early meal: Bang starch porridge, chrysanthemum broth.
- Late meal: steamed omelette, jelly.
- Lunch time: noodle soup, pound cake, boiled chicken, tea.
- Afternoon snack: Soufflé berry, compote.
- Dinner: vegetable puree, steamed turkey cutlets, jelly.
- Late dinner: toast with yogurt.
- First meal: carrot and pumpkin puree, hard-boiled egg whites, flour.
- Late meal: curd soup, chamomile decoction.
- Lunch time: braised fish soup, crackers, steamed chicken cutlets, tea.
- Afternoon snack: baked apple, MSG.
- Dinner: buckwheat porridge with cutlets, boiled radish, jelly.
- Late evening: toast with kefir.
Before the disease moves into stable remission, all food should be finely ground and unseasoned (even salt is not recommended). Two weeks after the attack, provided there are no symptoms of the disease, you can start trying fresh apples, peeled and heads of cabbage, as well as strawberries, bananas.
Sample menu for stable remission of pancreatitis
An example menu for people with pancreatitis for a week is as follows:
|day||Early meal||Snack||Lunch time||Afternoon snack||Evening time|
|Monday.||Oatmeal with low-fat milk, cheese sandwich, chicory||Pudding curd, biscuits, rosehip broth||Potato soup with chicken broth, toast, steamed chicken meatballs||Baked apples, jelly||Buckwheat porridge, boiled radish salad with butter, beef|
|Tuesday||Rice milk porridge, jelly or tea||Protein omelette, boiled turkey, compote||Noodle soup, bread, grilled hake, jelly candy, green tea||Curd meat stew, chrysanthemum broth||Mashed potatoes, grilled fish, avocado carrot salad, tea|
|Wednesday||Oatmeal, jelly||Mousse Berry, stretch biscuits, rosehip broth||Fish soup, pumpkin pudding, crackers, compote||Curd pudding||Chicken fillet with zucchini, boiled cauliflower, green tea|
|Wednesday||Bang dough porridge, cheese sandwich, jelly||Yogurt, toast||Rice soup with carrots, meatballs, rosehip broth||Vegetable pudding||Chicken stew with jelly, tea|
|T6||Steamed omelette, black tea||Carrot and apple pudding||Vegetable puree soup, beef balls, chrysanthemum broth with jelly candy||Berry soufflé, cookies||Rice with meatballs, tea|
|Sat.||Oatmeal, chicory||Omelette, apple||Buckwheat soup, meatloaf, boiled radish salad, tea||Butter and hard cheese sandwich, baked apple, tea||Fish soufflé, boiled noodles, tea|
|Sun.||Rice porridge with boiled turkey, rosehip broth||Vegetable soufflé, berry jelly||Creamy shumai soup, fish dumplings, dry bread, tea||Curd biscuits, baked apples, tea||Fish cake, mashed potatoes, rosehip broth|
1-2 hours before bedtime, you can drink a glass of fermented dairy products (yogurt, kefir, yogurt) with diet cookies.
The menu presented to patients with pancreatitis for a week is approximate - it can be changed with other dishes that are allowed at the stage of stable remission of the disease.
Between main meals, people are also allowed to snack with fruits and sweets. It is helpful if you should form the habit of eating at equal intervals, drinking at least 1-1. 5 liters of water a day and not eating too much - after eating, you should feel a little hungry.